Starokyivska mountain is protected by 'UNESCO'.
The Paleolithic stand, the Tripoli settlement and the settlements of late Bronze and Copper periods were located on this site.
Very in this place the Prince Kyi founded the city of Kyiv. Near the building of the historical museum there was a pagan temple, which is now re-established.
The first rock Christian temple of Ancient Rus,— The Tithe Church, was located on the territory of Starokyivska mountain. It was built in 989-996 by prince Volodymyr the Great, who allocated for its construction and maintenance tenth of his income — tithe. Holy thing was completely destroyed by mongol-tatar in 1240.
According to the legend, in 1635, in honor of the partial restoration of the Church of the Tithes, the linden tree was planted by Peter Mogyla. Now it adorns the territory and is a natural monument of local significance.
In the eighties of the 20th century, the historic-archaeological and architectural complex of the 'Ancient Kyiv' Park Museum, which includes the Passage Alley, was created on this territory. It was done in celebration of the 1500th anniversary of Kyiv city foundation, under the project of architect Abraham Miletsky.
Since 2005 the archaeological research of the Tithe Church’s foundations started on the site. In 2011 there was a threat of destruction of the foundation’s remnants, therefore, the works were on its conservation were carried out.