Khodynka Field is a large open space in the north-west of Moscow.
The the hippodrome (now the Moscow Hippodrome)was opened on Khodynka field. In the nineteenth century, military camps were located here.
Khodynka was used to celebrate state occasions. In June 1883, the coronation of Alexander III was celebrated here. The field is best known as the site of a tragic accident on May 30, 1896 during the festivities of the crowning of Nicholas II.
At the beginning of the 20th century, an aerodrome was created on the field, named the Central Aerodrome 'Frunze'.
In November 1931, the first terminal building in the USSR was opened at the airport, and in 1938 the subway line 'Airport' was built.
In the 1980s, Khodynka field served as a place for general rehearsal of military parades, and in the early 90's, on one of the take-off slines, the old planes were arranged in the form of museum exhibits.
The territory of the Khodynka field was decreased, giving up its land to residential neighborhoods, sports facilities and factories.
'KOTSIUBA' Landscape architecture studio
Maksym Kotsiuba, Mariia Andriienko, Anna Shubert, Maksym Kamynin